The most important thing for vegetarians and vegans to stay vegetarian is to make sure they enjoy what they eat. Another thing is also as important that is, they are getting all the nutrients they need for their health.
Either you are a vegetarian, or are trying to cut back on the mean, make sure your diets are healthy and balanced!
So, what do vegetarians eat? They have a pretty wide range of plant-based food such as: vegetables, fruit, grains, nuts, seeds, pulses or eggs and dairy products to choose from.
Today, we will introduce to you a 3-course vegetarian meal that you are going to love!
Treat yourself a hearty vegetarian meal with this slow cooker potato and corn chowder recipe.
This chowder is very easy to make and won’t take a long process of preparation. All you need is just 10 minutes to prepare everything. Then the slow cooker will take care of the rest.
Ingredients: You can serve 8 people with this amount of ingredients, if you feel like you can’t finish it at once,just store the rest in the refrigerator.
- 24 ounces of diced potatoes, big dices will take longer to be done.Slice them in small peaces with best ceramic knives.
- 16 ounces of frozen corn (1 package)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 4 cups of vegetarian stock
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½teaspoon of garlic powder
- (Freshly) ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- Koshering salt
- Place diced potatoes and frozen corn into your Crock pot (or any kind of slow cookers that you have). Add flour into the slow cooker and gently toss the mixture to combine them.
- Stir in vegetarian stock, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano up to your taste.
- Cook it on high heat for about 3 to 4 hours or on low heat for about 7 to 8 hours.
- This chowder will taste the best when served warm.
- You can enjoy this tasty chowder immediately by stirring in butter and heavy cream after the chowder is done.
- In case you don’t need it right away, you can store it in the refrigerator, it won’t affect the taste much. Remember to not stir in cream and butter until you have done defrosting.
Note: If you’re using a ceramic slow cooker, use plastic utensils that come with it to avoid scratching the ceramic insert. Even the best ceramic pans needs to be taken care of properly.
That’s pretty much it for the main course; let’s move on to the salad.
The main course is pretty hearty so let’s try to make a strawberry, quinoa and chopped spinach salad.
This salad is also very easy to make and only take 30 minutes to get done.
- ¾ cup of warm, cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese
- 2/3 cup of chopped strawberries
- 2 cups of roughly chopped baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons of pecan pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Quinoa: Cook the quinoa with the proportion of rice to water is ½ (1 quinoa/2 water). Cook for 15 minutes or until water is thoroughly absorbed.
- Dressings: Combine all the ingredients to taste. If you want more of a tart dressing, add vinegar, if you want a sweeter taste, add maple syrup.
- Pecans: Toast the pecans for about 5 minutes or until they are fragrant and golden (remember to stir it often).
- Mix: Add a cup of warm quinoa and mix it with the goat cheese, salt and pepper. Continue to mix in the strawberries and spinach, and then add in the dressing.
- After you have done mixing, top the salad with pecan pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Let’s finish off our vegetarian meal with this strawberry mousse which contains only 3 plant-based ingredients.
This will only take you a couple of minute to finish.
Ingredients: 4 servings.
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 2 cups of firm, drained tofu
- 3 tablespoons of agave sweetener
- Start by blending strawberries first. When the mixture turns into a paste, add tofu in.
- When the mousse starts to thicken that seems hard to blend, add the agave syrup.
- The mousse should be ready when it is smooth completely.
- Depends on how you want the mousse texture to be, chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or even overnight if you prefer a firm texture.
- Use grated/shaved dark dairy-free chocolate and a few strawberries to serve.
And there you have it, a hearty, tasty vegetarian meal for your family. Hope you enjoy!