The most important thing for vegetarians and vegans to stay vegetarian is to make sure they enjoy what they eat. Another thing is also as important that is, they are getting all the nutrients they need for their health.
Either you are a vegetarian, or are trying to cut back on the mean, make sure your diets are healthy and balanced!
So, what do vegetarians eat? They have a pretty wide range of plant-based food such as: vegetables, fruit, grains, nuts, seeds, pulses or eggs and dairy products to choose from.
Today, we will introduce to you a 3-course vegetarian meal that you are going to love!
Treat yourself a hearty vegetarian meal with this slow cooker potato and corn chowder recipe.
This chowder is very easy to make and won’t take a long process of preparation. All you need is just 10 minutes to prepare everything. Then the slow cooker will take care of the rest.
Ingredients: You can serve 8 people with this amount of ingredients, if you feel like you can’t finish it at once,just store the rest in the refrigerator.
- 24 ounces of diced potatoes, big dices will take longer to be done.Slice them in small peaces with best ceramic knives.
- 16 ounces of frozen corn (1 package)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 4 cups of vegetarian stock
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½teaspoon of garlic powder
- (Freshly) ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- Koshering salt
- Place diced potatoes and frozen corn into your Crock pot (or any kind of slow cookers that you have). Add flour into the slow cooker and gently toss the mixture to combine them.
- Stir in vegetarian stock, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano up to your taste.
- Cook it on high heat for about 3 to 4 hours or on low heat for about 7 to 8 hours.
- This chowder will taste the best when served warm.
- You can enjoy this tasty chowder immediately by stirring in butter and heavy cream after the chowder is done.
- In case you don’t need it right away, you can store it in the refrigerator, it won’t affect the taste much. Remember to not stir in cream and butter until you have done defrosting.
Note: If you’re using a ceramic slow cooker, use plastic utensils that come with it to avoid scratching the ceramic insert. Even the best ceramic pans needs to be taken care of properly.
That’s pretty much it for the main course; let’s move on to the salad.