Kale Smoothie Recipes For a Healthy Lifestyle
Kale To The Chief
The phrase “kale smoothie” often elicits a grimace from the face of someone listening to that expression. Kale, despite its growing popularity, is still relatively shunned compared to its leafy green cousins spinach and cabbage. Mixing it into a thick textured smoothie won’t automatically improve the situation. However by throwing in apples and oranges, for example, fruits, carrots, pineapple, bananas, or strawberries, it can become a surprisingly refreshing and tasty beverage.
There are numerous kale smoothie recipes that not only provide a great, refreshing taste in the morning or afternoon, but they’re also full of vitamins, antioxidants and anti-cancer properties to keep you healthy. These refreshing green beverages are a great way to detox your body and get your health back on track. Smoothies made with kale may not at first sound as appetizing as say a chocolate milkshake, but they can be just as tasty. They’re also refreshing in the summer, and you can add a few blocks of ice to keep you cool or keep it in your best soft cooler with ice outside before using.
Having a kale shake in the morning means you can drink it on the move, and if it’s the first thing you ingest for the day your body can absorb the nutrients quickly. Some people may also find having kale and other fresh, raw ingredients in liquid form easier to digest in the morning, rather than having a large or heavy meal which can make you feel lethargic later on in the day. A green smoothie is also also handy if you’re running late, because it’s very quick to make and you can drink it on the move.
We recommend shakes that include ginger. Ginger also contains many antioxidant properties, and the zest adds a spicy and pungent flavor to your kale shakes to make it taste great, and hide any bitter vegetable flavors. Smoothies made out of kale generally include raw ingredients, meaning you get the most vitamins out of each ingredient. Kale juice, while also delicous and refreshing, is quite a bit different from enjoying Kale as a shake or smoothie. Looking for a different twist? You can check out our kale juice recipe as well!
The most important thing when making these smoothies is to have fun! Don’t be afraid to try new ingredients, and you never know what new flavors you might discover. Kale smoothies are a good substitute for coffee in the morning – they’re lower in fat, and they provide your body with a lot more vitamins! Kale also contains calcium, although if you want to add milk or yogurt to your kale smoothie recipe, why not give it a go?
Different types of flavors:
You can also ensure you have sweet fruits on hand by storing frozen bananas and mangoes, to add to the kale smoothie. This will help to balance out the spicy ginger flavor with the vegetable flavors. Berries are another great way to add a sweet touch to your kale shake, and they can also be stored frozen so they last longer. Berries are also high in antioxidants.
To create a sour flavor to your kale smoothie, add a squeeze of lemon, orange or lime.
1 cup chilled water
2 kale leaves
a pinch of freshly zested ginger
1/4 cup of mint leaves
Combine all the ingredients in a a blender. If you prefer, you can leave lumps of banana in the smoothie to add texture and sweetness. Pour the liquid into a glass, add an extra sprig of mint for decoration, and enjoy! Your very own kale shake to start the day.
A word about preparing kale and whether to remove the whole stem: Whether you decide to keep the kale stems on depends on what you wish to prepare kale for. For a kale salad, the stem isn’t usually removed, You may want to remove the whole stem when making a kale smoothie, in your kale juice recipe, or also for kale chips.
The array of great kale recipes are only limited by the imagination. But, don’t forget to write them down to remember for next time!
The Health Benefits
Below are list of some of kale’s health benefits.
- This green is a rich source of iron.
- Vitamin C present in this vegetable can help prevent heart disease.
- Vitamin A enhances vision.
- Vitamin K helps in blood-coagulating.
- Cancer prevention agents, for example, flavonoids and carotenoids.
- Calcium helps bone health. Minerals exhibit in kale may also helps keep cholesterol levels down.
Here are two tasty green smoothie recipes utilizing kale.
Ten Great Kale Smoothie Recipes
1. The Strawberry – Pineapple – Kale Smoothie Ingredients: Frozen pounded kale (2 glasses), solidified pineapple (1 container), solidified strawberries (1 glass), unsweetened almond drain (1 mug) and vanilla Greek yogurt (1/4 mug). Blend all the parts in a blender and mix.
2. Kale- Apple Smoothie An easier and lighter green smoothie with kale formula is the particular case that uses fruits. Ingredients
- kale (2 glasses)
- celery (2 stalks)
- banana (1, medium size)
- fruit (1 extensive and unpeeled)
- lemon squeeze (2 tablespoons) and pulverized ice.
Include all the parts into a blender and mix until smooth.
3. Honey-kale Smoothie Ingredients
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 mug spinach
- 1 cucumber
- ½ mug of kale
- 1 tablespoon hemp powder
- Include some ice or a little water
- Mix in a blender
4. Cranberry kale smoothie Ingredients
- Cranberry or squeezed orange
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 1/2 mug of kale
- 1/2 sprig of celery
- 1/2 carrot
- 4-6 bits of Ice
5. Banana kale orange Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 large banana, sliced, frozen
- 1 large orange, peeled, sectioned
- 2 cups cold water
- ½ mug of kale
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled
- 4 cups torn chard leaves, stems removed
6. Celery kale smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 cup kale
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 small banana
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup diced, seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
7. Cucumber kale smoothie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded
- 2 cups torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil
8. Coconut milk kale smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 banana, sliced, frozen
- 4 cups chopped kale stems removed
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
9. Carrot kale smoothie Ingredients:
- Kale and one or two small apples and oranges to increase the sweetness.
- Add Cucumbers and watermelon.
10. Kale ginger Smoothie Recipe
- Goji berries, cocoa nibs
- Blackstrap Molasses
- Ginger – fresh ginger is a great immunity booster!